Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Produce Popping

Well, here we are, in the middle of July, and the produce is popping. I, for one, am really enjoying this year's bounty. Last year, I worked at Full Circle Farm and got first-hand farming experience. This year, I am much more of a regular, everyday consumer. Granted, I still work in the "industry", but since I am not physically on a farm, my lens is tinted a different color. We are lucky enough to have a mid-week farmers market within walking distance of our office: the Wallingford Wednesday Market is just a hop, skip and jump away and consistently bustling with people, music and food. A great "hump-day" excursion. Our local market is also where we gather data and info for our bi-monthly Puget Sound Fresh newsletter.

Mark

Article roll-call:

Produce Tracking Website


Fashionable Local Food Trend: Hire Someone to Plant your Garden

A Growing Appetite for Kitsap Food

Whole Foods Recipe Showdown!

No comments: